Porcupines In a Skillet Dinner
This Porcupines In a Skillet Meal is a delicious dinner that is so easy to make. My mother made this a little different and they were known as Porcupine Meatballs. I have made them lots of times as my kids were growing up and I made them at work.Turn Porcupine Meatballs into a casserole. It is one of those comfort foods that is filling and so good. Serve this with a loaf of french bread and a green salad and enjoy a tasty dinner. (Maybe a cookie for dessert?)Your family will love this one-pot meal of the favorite meatballs we grew up on.INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED….ground beefdry onion soup mixtomatoesriceshredded cheesecan of mushrooms, optionalPorcupines in a Skillet is so easy and delicious – and you probably already have these items on hand! I always have these ingredients in my pantry and fridge. Come On Over To My Kitchen and Let's COOK…….
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 3/4 cup uncooked minute rice
- 16 oz diced tomatoes with juice
- shredded cheese
- Brown ground beef and drain off excess grease.
- Stir in onion soup mix, water, uncooked rice, tomatoes with juice and cover and cook on low for 25 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Once done, add cheese and cover for a minute or 2 or until cheese melts.
- Adapted From Aunt Bee’s Recipes + Her Picture.