Make Homemade Egg Rolls
Homemade Egg Rolls will always be one of our favorite meals, and they can now be made at home! Believe me when I say your family is going to love them. Fried Egg Rolls are the perfect side to any Chinese meal! They're filled with chicken and veggies and baked to perfection.Ever wondered about the difference between egg rolls and spring rolls? It’s all in the wrapper. Egg rolls are made using a dough-like “egg” wrapper and spring rolls are made using a rice paper wrapper. Often the fillings of both are a meat and vegetable mix while noodles are added to spring rolls.INGREDIENTS FOR EGG ROLLS…. vegetable oilground pork or ground chickenshredded cabbage or a 16 oz bag of bag cole slaw mixminced garlicgrated gingerrice wine vinegarsoy saucesugarsaltsesame oilblack pepperegg roll wrappersGINGER SOY DIPPING SAUCE1/4 cup soy sauce reduced sodium3 tablespoons vinegar white or apple cider vinegar1/4 cup brown sugar1 tablespoon ginger gratedRice wine vinegar2 garlic cloves smashed1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes2 teaspoons toasted sesame oilWhisk together all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, whisking all the while until it thickens. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.You can bake these egg rolls or fry them. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray the egg rolls with non-stick spray or brush with oil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, rotating half way through.See how easy it is to make these crispy and delicious chicken and cabbage egg rolls right at home?You will not have to order some takeout any more.I am so excited to share this wonderful recipe with you…..
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground pork or ground chicken.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage or a 16 oz bag of bag cole slaw mix.(Get the one with carrots)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 inch piece of grated ginger.
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- egg roll wrappers
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, cook ground chicken over medium-high heat until it is no longer pink. Drain any excess moisture.
- Add the cabbage or coleslaw mix, sausage, garlic, and ginger to the skillet and saute until tender, or cooked through about 3 minutes.
- Pour in rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, granulated sugar, salt, sesame oil, and black pepper and toss to combine.
- Place 1 tbsp. of the filling in the center of each egg roll wrapper and roll up tightly.
- Brush egg on the top edge to seal the egg roll.
- You can bake these egg rolls or fry them. Brush the egg rolls with oil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, rotating half way through or until lightly browned.