Old-Fashioned Sad Cake
I was so intrigued by the name when I first heard of this recipe. I knew it would be something I had to try. Why is it called a Sad Cake? It is called Sad Cake because it raises fairly high, then caves in in the middle. You will be sad when the last crumb is gone! I like to serve it with whipped cream.SOOOO Delicious and addictive! It only takes 5 simple ingredients, a little mixing and you have a delightful Old-Fashioned Sad Cake. Ready to make one? Let’s do it!
- 2 sticks Butter
- 2 1/4 cups Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place the 2 sticks (1-cup) of butter and the brown sugar into a microwave bowl Melt the butter with the brown sugar together.
- Remove from the microwave and add the white sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, and the vanilla.
- Stir until mixed. Stir in the chopped nuts.
- Pour the batter into a 9″ x 13″ greased pan. Bake 40 minutes at 350°.
- Adapted from My Humble Home and Garden.
- Picture from 12 Tomatoes.