Orange Cheesecake Rolls..a Special Treat Anytime.
Looking for a new sweet roll to try? These delicious ORANGE CHEESECAKE ROLLS are super simple to make!Every Thursday at work I would make about 100 Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast. I would substitute some weeks with these mouth-watering Orange Cheesecake Rolls. Everyone wanted more than one!WHERE DO THESE ROLLS COME FROM….The earliest recipe I could find for orange rolls comes from Mrs. Allen's Cook Book published in 1917.Plus in 1979, Millie Ray started baking the orange rolls that would one day make her famous. So the story goes, Millie needed a dish to take to her garden club meeting, and she called her mother for a recipe.These rolls are best enjoyed fresh. You can store leftovers in an air-tight container for 1-3 days, or freeze.INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED…..Yeast.. active dry yeast. Milk…I use 2% but you can use 1% or whole.Sugar… powdered sugar or confectioner’s sugar.Orange…. You’ll need zest and juice. Eggs…I used large eggs.Vanilla….make sure you double the amount.Flour…all purposeSalt…not too much.Butter…unsaltedCream cheese….not the cheap kind.LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES?Loaded Hashbrown Breakfast Nachos Raspberry Swirl Sweet Rolls.The Best Ever German Oven PancakeLooking for a special treat on a Thanksgiving or Christmas morning, make these ORANGE CHEESECAKE ROLLS. Your family will get right out of bed if they know these will be on the table.
- 2 pkgs (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 7-8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pkg 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- juice of one orange
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1/2 tsp orange extract optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk, sugar, eggs, butter, salt and 5 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, orange juice concentrate and vanilla until smooth. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll 1 portion into an 18×7-in. rectangle. Spread half the filling to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices; place cut side down in a greased 13×9-in. baking pan. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake rolls for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Combine confectioners' sugar, orange juice and zest; drizzle over warm rolls. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Adapted From Taste Of Home.