Country-Style Biscuits and Gravy with Eggs and Sausage.
Anyone else a huge fan of breakfast casseroles with biscuits? I made this at least once a week where I worked. Every one that tries it absolutely loves it. You cannot stop eating it. All the delicious gooey cheese with the eggs, sausage and biscuits, and gravy mixed all together starts your day with a hearty breakfast. Add some fresh fruit and you have a delicious way to start your day. YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS….Grands Biscuits…..Cooked sausage..so many kinds of sausage but I use just the plain sausage.Shredded Cheese…you want just good old cheddar cheese.Egg Mixture….Whisk eggs and milk, add salt and pepper.Homemade Gravy Mix….below.You will definitely make this again and again!!!Let me share a couple of other breakfast recipes I know you will love too……Shortcut Cinnamon French Toast Bake: By Mommy's Kitchen Mini Breakfast Omelets: By Instrupix. Loaded Breakfast Pizza: By Small Town Woman.
- 16 ounce can of Grands biscuits.
- 8 eggs
- 1 pound sausage any flavor
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 1/4 cups milk (divided)
- 1 tsp salt (divided)
- 1 tsp pepper (divided)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13×9 pan.
- Brown the sausage in skillet and drain thoroughly.
- Cut biscuit dough into 1″ pieces, and line the bottom of the pan.
- Layer cooked sausage over the biscuit pieces,
- Layer shredded cheese over sausage.
- Whisk together eggs, 3/4 c. milk, 1/2 t. salt, 1/2 t. pepper and dash of cayenne pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the biscuits.
- Next, mix up the gravy. Melt 5 T. of butter in saucepan. Once melted, whisk in 5 T. flour until paste-like. Add in 1/2 t. salt and 1/2 t. pepper
- With heat on low, gradually whisk in 1 1/2 c. of milk and stir constantly until mixture becomes thick and gravy-like.
- Pour gravy mixture over egg casserole and place in oven covered for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10-15 more minutes until eggs are thoroughly baked and cheese starts to turn golden brown.
- Adapted from Julies Eats and Treats