Easy Chicken Taco Hand Pies
Filled with shredded chicken, cream cheese, and all rolled up in Crescent Rolls these Chicken Taco Hand Pies are perfect for a quick dinner recipe. The cream cheese turns boring chicken tacos into a creamy taco delightThe perfect finger food! Don't worry if you don't have shredded chicken ready. You can quickly cook some up, or you can use Canned Chicken Breast or a cut up Rotisserie Chicken.These Chicken Taco Hand pies are perfect for busy weeknights. You know those nights when activities and school take over our lives. Serve these hand pies with a crunchy, green salad and add some extra veggies and a little bit of crunch to the meal!You can use a variety of chicken for this recipe. I love using a rotisserie chicken because it adds great flavor and keeps things super simple for me!INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED….chickencream cheesetaco seasoningcrescent rollstortilla chipsThis is the perfect recipe for taco lovers. Everyone will fall in love with these.Here is how you make them…..
- In a medium pot set over medium low heat, combine diced chicken, cream cheese, and taco seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until smooth, melted, and heated through.
- While chicken mixture is cooking, preheat your oven to 350°F. Open can of crescent rolls and separate dough into four triangles. Firmly press perforations together to seal on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Mound ¼ of chicken mixture onto one half of each crescent roll rectangle, leaving a border around the edges. Fold the other half of the dough over the filling, pressing edges together. Use a fork to crimp and seal edges.
- Pour crushed tortilla chips onto a plate. Brush the top of each hand pie with melted butter and carefully roll that side in the tortilla chips, pressing gently to help them adhere. Arrange hand pies on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve with salsa. ENJOY!!!
- Adapted from Five Heart Home.