Easy Beef Stroganoff With Ground Beef
I have made this Easy Beef Stroganoff With Ground Beef often through the years for my family and when I managed some kitchens for nursing homes.
Older people love these kind of meals because I am sure they cooked them for their families. This is a recipe that is really easy, and economical to make for your family. Plus it is so tasty.
What could be better than hamburger cooked with onions and mushroom in a delicious beef broth with and sour cream served over noddles, rice, or mashed potatoes? YUM!!
We always served it over rice and added a side salad, or broccoli and some mouth-watering warm crusty french bread for a great meal.
- Ground Beef
- Butter + Olive Oil
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
Beef Broth…I love Better Than Bouillion Beef Base. (The best place to buy it is at Costco.)
- Sour Cream
- Noodles or Mashed Potatoes, or Rice
For this Beef Stroganoff Recipe you make a sour cream gravy with beef broth that’s thickened with flour. It is so creamy and savory.
We are all looking for budget friendly recipes that are easy. Add this one to your weekly meal planning. It will be a comfort meal your whole family will love.
If you have any leftover Stroganoff (we never do) let it cool off, and then store it in an airtight container for 3-4 days in your refrigerator.
To reheat the Stroganoff simply put it in your microwave, or heat it on low in a saucepan on the stove.
Come on head on over to your kitchen and grab that apron and follow the recipe down below….
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 12 ounces cleaned and sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 3 large minced cloves garlic
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Cooked egg noodles, rice or mashed potatoes for serving
- Set a large pot over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and butter and swish the pan around until melted.Add the mushrooms and garlic and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and transfer to a bowl or plate.
- Return the pot to the heat and add the ground beef. Cook until no longer pink, breaking apart, then drain the grease. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle flour over the beef and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Add the beef broth to the pot, stir to combine, bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Add the mushrooms with the sour cream and the parsley. Stir to combine.
- Serve and ENJOY!!