Spanish Rice Soup With Hamburger
Let me show you how to turn some rice into a hearty and delicious soup your family is going to love. As soon as the cold weather hits add Spanish Rice Soup to your weekly menu rotation.
Spanish Rice Soup has been present in the south of Spain for hundreds of years, since most of the main ingredients of the recipe arrived in the country after the colonization of America.
This soup quickly rose to popularity as its high rice content filled people with the energy they needed to cope with cold winter days.
For this Spanish Rice Soup recipe you will not need any fancy ingredients that are difficult to find, I bet you probably already have most of the ingredients in your home!
This soup takes about an hour from start to finish, but you’ll find that half of that time is letting the soup simmer on the stove. What a delicious quick weeknight dinner to make. While the soup cooks on the stove make a salad and some garlic bread, and add a cookie for dessert.
We know you will be wiping the bowl clean down to your last spoonful! Time to grab your apron and lets head to the kitchen…..
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 16 oz jar green salsa
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 4 oz can green chiles
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cups beef broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup white rice
- In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain and return to saucepan.
- Stir in the salsa, diced tomatoes, diced green chilies, garlic powder, ground cumin, and beef broth. Bring to boiling over high heat, then reduce to medium low.
- Stir in the rice and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Adapted from My Freeze Easy!