Best Tri-Tip Ever
Have you ever tried Tri-tip? If you have not friends you are missing out!! This Tri-tip recipe is delicious, and SO easy!!This slow cooker tri-tip roast is the perfect comfort food for a chilly day. Tri-tip can be grilled, braised, roasted, or smoked. I love putting it in your crockpot!This simple recipe will give you a juicy and flavorful roast everytime.Of course there is a number of things that you can serve with Tri Tip. like mashed potatoes and gravy are great. You can also have Roasted Potatoes or even something as simple as a baked potato is great.Prepare enough to make Tri-tip Sandwiches the next day. They are so delicious and this is how we make them….Butter the inside of the bun and toast under the broiler.Place sliced/shredded meat onto the bun.Add a piece of Provolone cheese and place under the broiler to melt.Then dip into reserved au-jus.This a great family holiday meal at Christmas time. This Tri-tip will be the highlight of your dinner table. Ok, ready to make this meaty delight?
- 3-4 lb Trimmed Beef Brisket or Tri Tip
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 ounces Liquid Smoke
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Coarse Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Onion Salt
- 1 tsp Celery Salt
- Rinse meat and place in stoneware of your slow cooker.
- Pour Water, Liquid Smoke and Worcestershire Sauce over Meat.
- Sprinkle Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt, Onion Salt, and Celery Salt, Evenly Over Meat.
- Gently Lift Edges of Meat So Liquid Can Run Under Meat.
- Put Lid On Stoneware and Refrigerate 8 Hours or Overnight.
- Take Stoneware Out of Refrigerator and Place in Slow Cooker Base.
- Program Slow Cooker 6 – 8 on High or 8 – 10 on Low Heat.
- When Meat is Done, Remove Meat to a Large Cutting Board and Let Rest For 10 to 15 Minutes.
- Slice Meat Against the Grain and Serve with your favorite Barbecue Sauce.
- Adapted from Recipe Keeper.