Southern Style Sweet Strawberry Tea
So Refreshing On A Hot Summer Day
I love sweet tea. So many times when we lived at the farm a glass of tea in the afternoon when it was sooooo hot, was delightful. This recipe for Strawberry sweet tea is so refreshing and perfect for summer. I am looking forward to picnics and warmer weather and you need to pack this tea for all to enjoy.It wasn't until 1928 that sweet tea became the southern thirst-quencher of choice it is today. The well-known “Southern Cooking” cookbook published a sweet tea recipe that shifted iced tea from a refreshing beverage to a cultural staple.INGREDIENTS NEEDED…Coconut Palm SugarRipe strawberriesSugarLuzianne family size tea bagsDouble or triple the recipe as necessary.
- 3 cups water
- Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 3 Luzianne family size tea bags
STRAWBERRY SIMPLE SYRUP
- Add strawberries, sugar, and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Let cool slightly then pour the syrup through a fine mesh sieve into a gallon pitcher. Discard the cooked fruit.
FOR THE TEA
- Bring water to a boil, remove from heat, drop in tea bags, and steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour tea into the pitcher w/ the syrup and stir.
- Fill the rest of the pitcher w/ cold water.
- Chill completely then serve over ice &/or freshly frozen strawberries.