Macaroni and Cheese That Kids Love
Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese
Macaroni and Cheese is the ultimate kids food, and adults love it too. Even fussy eaters, (and I have one, ) love this recipe. Homemade is way healthier than buying the pre-made boxes. It is a creamy and nutritious supper on those busy nights. This is a yummy recipe your kids will ask for again and again.INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED… Penne pastaBeecher’s Flagship Cheese Sauce ( use the recipe below)Cheddar cheese grated Monterey Jack cheese gratedCorn Flakes cereal crushed upChili powderINGREDIENTS FOR BEECHER'S FLAGSHIP CHEESE SAUCE…ButterFlourMilkCheddar Cheese Monterey Jack Cheese SaltChili PowderGarlic Powder
- 1 box penne pasta cooked
- Beecher’s Flagship Cheese Sauce (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1 cup corn flakes smashed
- 1 tsp chili powder
Beecher's Flagship Cheese Sauce
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 3 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- To make the sauce: Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Then add flour and whisk constantly for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly. Cook the sauce, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes to thicken.
- While the sauce is cooking, use butter to grease a 9×13 baking dish. Heat the water for the pasta and cook for 2 minutes less than directions on the box. Rinse in cold water so noodles will not stick together and set aside.
- Cook the sauce for 10 minutes then remove from heat and add cheese, salt, chili powder, and garlic powder.. Stir until cheese is melted and all ingredients are mixed well.
- Place pasta in a large bowl and pour sauce over it. Stir gently until the pasta is covered.
- Pour pasta into the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with chili powder then sprinkle with cheeses and cereal. Bake uncovered at 350° for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.If you have any leftovers, (we never do, ) it will be just as creamy the day you made it by adding a tablespoon or two of milk..Thanks Cupcake Dairies this is the best Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese recipe.