Fairy Rolls—This Recipe Is a Keeper!
A long time ago the cook where I worked as a caregiver did not show up for work. I told the owner that I would love to go into the kitchen and cook for everyone (what was I thinking I had never cooked for a lot of people before.) But I loved it!
As I was looking through a cookbook I came across Fairy Rolls. These rolls are so easy to make and are light, fluffy and buttery in every delicious bite.This is a recipe that you do not want to lose!
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tbsp yeast
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water with 2 tbsp sugar in your mixer with a dough hook. Let sit for around 5 minutes until it is frothy.
- Mix in shortening, eggs, the rest of the sugar and 3 cups of flour. Add the salt and baking powder and 2 more cups of flour. If your dough is still sticky add the last cup of flour.
- Let rise for about 30 minutes. Roll your dough into balls and put on cookie sheet.
- Let the dough raise another 20 minutes and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter on top.
- This dough also makes the best cinnamon rolls and orange rolls, and I use to make 100 cinnamon rolls every Thursday at work, and everyone loved them!