Crock-Pot Caramel Apple Cider ….IT’S SOOOOO GOOD
I was out in my yard for several hours today getting it decorated for fall. This season is truly my favorite time of the year. I decorated with scarecrows, pumpkins, mums, and cornstalks. The neighbors love it. I have been doing this for years and it is a fun tradition for our family. I also get so excited to start cooking some yummy fall foods. If you have a crock-pot let me give you a yummy recipe for Caramel Apple Cider that is so easy to make with only 5 ingredients. It is a delicious fall treat, and soooooo good!Your house is going to smell amazing.Your need the following 5 ingredients…..Apple CiderBrown sugarVanilla extractCinnamon SticksCaramel Sundae SauceLet's get to the recipe…..
- 2 quarts apple cider Why cider and not Apple Juice? (Apple cider has all those warm mulling spices in it that make it a cider.)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla (I always add 4 teaspoons to add more flavor.)
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup Smucker’s Caramel Sundae Sauce
- Pour Apple Cider into 4 quart Crock Pot.
- Add Brown Sugar and Vanilla, and stir well.
- Cover Crock Pot and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, remove Cinnamon Sticks and discard, then add Caramel Sauce to Cider. Stir well, and cook for 30 more minutes
- Stir again just prior to serving. You can always add more caramel by adding a drizzle of caramel syrup to the inside of your mug before adding the apple cider. ENJOY!
- Adapted from The Frugal Girls.