November 10, 2022
Texas Sheet Cake Cookies…Little Bites Of Heaven
Your family is going to love these Texas Sheet Cake Cookies! These cookies are little bites of heaven, and full of delicious chocolate flavor.The best part is that these cookies start with a cake mix and need only three ingredients. Any chocolate cake mix will work, but Devil's Food Cake Mix is the best.Texas Sheet Cake Cookies are made in under 30 minutes and perfect for holidays, or just baking at home with the family. Any time you need a cookie fix this cookie dough can be frozen and stored for months. I hope you love these Texas Sheet Cake Cookies as much as our family does.YOU ARE GOING TO NEED THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS…..Boxed Chocolate Cake Mix..Devil's Food MixVegetable Oil…for the perfect, tender textureLarge Eggs….need to bind the all the ingredientsVanilla Cake Mix…. you use can vanilla cake mix to have a chocolate and vanilla cookie.ICING INGREDIENTSThe icing is simple to make and just requires milk, butter, powdered sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder. You can make this icing more rich when you use half and half, or heavy whipping cream.FOR MORE CHOCOLATE COOKIE RECIPES CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES…The Best Chocolate Frosted Sugar Cookies….via Let's Dish Recipes.Brownie Cookie Recipe...via i Heart Nothings.Chocolate Crinkle Cookies...via Savory Nothings.If you have a chocolate cake mix in your cupboard grab it and lets get baking some of the best cookies around..YUM!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray two cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs and oil until combined and smooth.
- Scoop out dough balls (1TB each) and place them onto the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes then place them on a wire rack.
DIRECTIONS FOR ICING
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa powder and whole milk over medium heat.
- Whisk together until combined and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Place a cookie sheet under the wire rack to catch excess chocolate icing.
- Pour 1 to 2 tablespoons of icing over each cookie while still warm. Sprinkle with walnut pieces if desired. Allow cookies to sit a few minutes to allow frosting to soften and begin to melt.Then spread the frosting all over the cookie.
- Adapted from The Soccer Mom.