Quick Family Meal…..Chicken Fried Rice
No need to order takeaway anymore…..If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to make Chicken Fried Rice, this recipe is for you.
This Chicken Fried Rice has so much flavor and is loaded with chicken, is a Quick Family Meal and so easy to make.
There is a secret for making great fried rice. You have to use leftover cold rice. If you know you are making Chicken Fried Rice the next day and you do not have any leftover rice make some rice the night before and place it in the refrigerator.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN FRIED RICE….
- Sesame oil
- White rice
- Soy sauce
- Salt & pepper
So if you are wondering how much dry rice equals the 3 cups cooked? About 1 1/2 cups dry rice equals 3 cups cooked.
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH CHICKEN FRIED RICE? You can pair it with the following ideas….
- Baked Egg Rolls
- Green Salad
- Steamed Vegetables
SOME TIPS FOR MAKING FRIED RICE…..
- Use leftover cold rice.
- No chicken? Substitute with shredded pork, chopped shrimp, ham or leftover steak.
- Gluten free? Be sure to use gluten free soy sauce.
This easy fried rice recipe freezes well. Cool and place in an airtight container for easy reheating later.
Time to grab aprons and lets get cooking….
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups cooked cold white rice
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large wok over medium heat. Add the sesame oil, onions minced garlic and carrots, cook until the carrots and onions are starting to become tender. Add the peas and stir.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. Push the vegetable mixture to one side of the pan, then pour the eggs onto the other side of the pan. Once the eggs are fully cooked, stir into the vegetables.
- Add the cold rice and chicken; mix well. Then stir the soy sauce into the fried rice.
- Add the butter and stir the rice until the butter is melted.
- Season the fried rice with salt and pepper if desired. Let's Eat!!
- Adapted from Tastes Of Lizzy.