Peppermint Snow Ice Cream
When I was growing up in Idaho there was always lots of snow in the winter. I moved to Oregon for many years and there was some snow, but always lots of rain!! I do not remember making snow ice cream as a kid but when we lived at our farm we made it with the kids. It is important to make memories as your kids grow up.
If you have snow in your yard let me show you how to make Peppermint Snow Ice Cream. It is such a fun treat and so DELICIOUS!
ONLY 3 INGREDIENTS NEEDED…
- 10 cups of snow
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Peppermint extract
- Crushed candy canes (optional)
This Peppermint Snow Ice Cream is an easy homemade ice cream that you make out of actual snow! A fun recipe to make with the family!!
Also, don’t eat the snow from the first snowfall of the season. Snow cleans the atmosphere as it comes down. The first snowfall has collected all the dirt particles that have been hanging around in the air.
A FEW TIPS TO KNOW….
- Fluffy, unpacked snow works best. When they’re calling for snow, set several mixing bowls out in an open area on your porch before the snow begins.
- Making Peppermint or any kind of snow ice cream is so fun to make.
- Use Crushed candy canes for garnish.
If you do not keep the snow cold it tends to melt really fast, so while you are prepping keep it in the freezer. Enjoy this Peppermint Snow Ice Cream right after you make it.
If you have snow on the ground grab the snow clothes and your kids and go find a perfect patch of clean white snow. Give them a treat and make this recipe and I know everyone will love it!!
I scream you scream we all scream for SNOW ICE CREAM! Let’s make some!
- 10 cups snow
- 1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- crushed candy canes for garnish
- Gather your snow in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the snow, and add the peppermint extract.
- Stir with a large spoon until everything is well combined. Garnish with crushed candy canes.