Luscious Summer Berry Pie
Summer Berry Pie
I found this recipe Summer Berry Pie from the Taste Of Home Magazine a long time ago. It is a delicious summer dessert that everyone raves about. My family gets so excited when I make this pie. I have a granddaughter that could eat a whole pie by herself!Summer Berry Pie has a luscious filling of blueberries, strawberries, and blueberries in a graham cracker crust. It is the easiest pie you will make.We do a lot of picking berries and grow raspberries and strawberries. We also get some amazing buys at a fruit stand that is close by. We bought a small freezer just to store our frozen fruit and vegetables from the garden in. You can also buy the mixed berries in the grocery store freezer section that works too. With each bite this pie will not disappoint! Enjoy!!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 cups cold water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry or strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in the berries. Pour into crusts and chill until set. Garnish with whipped topping, and strawberries.