The Perfect Christmas Honey Crisp Apple Salad
How about a NEW salad recipe for the holiday season? You are going to love this recipe for Christmas Honey Crisp Apple Salad. It uses fresh apple slices, toasted pecans, cranberries, and a sweet-tangy vinaigrette dressing. This apple salad is delicious any time of the year!
Any kind of apples can be used…if you have a favorite use it. Some other good choices in addition to Honeycrisp are Gala, Granny Smith, or Fuji apples.
This tangy-sweet apple cider vinaigrette dressing is so delicous with this Honeycrisp Apple Salad. It’s just the perfect combination of tangy and sweet.
- Salad greens
- Dried Fruit
Some people do not like the skin on an apple. So you have to decide to peel the apples or not. I love the skin, and it adds fun holiday color and texture to the dish.
This easy salad with apples and pecans will always be on our Christmas dinner menu. Your family and friends would love for you to serve it to.
Let’s head to the kitchen and toss together a bowl of Honey Crisp Apple Salad with Cider Vinaigrette to enjoy.
- 1/2 cup light vegetable oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice OR apple cider
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium Honeycrisp apples sliced thin
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 12 ounces salad greens
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted or candied
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- To prepare Apple Cider Vinaigrette, measure oil, apple cider vinegar, apple juice/cider, honey, lemon juice, salt, and pepper into a mason jar. Tightly screw on lid and shake vigorously until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Place apple slices in a large plastic baggie and squeeze the fresh lemon juice (from the lemon half) over them.
- Close bag and shake to coat. In a large salad bowl, layer salad greens, apple slices, pecans, dried cranberries, and blue cheese.
- Just before serving, toss with desired amount of Apple Cider Vinaigrette until salad ingredients are evenly coated.