The Best Banana Cake Ever
I made this banana cake today and it came out so moist and delicious! This is the best banana cake recipe ever! It's easy to make (no mixer required), loaded with bananas and topped with a yummy cream cheese frosting. If you're looking for a banana cake that's light and fluffy then this is your cake!!! Every time you have overripe bananas on the counter you’ll want to make this recipe!Ingredients For the Cake…..Milk..I use 2%Lemon Juice…I use bottled lemon juice.Butter….it should be room temperature.Sugar….Brown sugar Eggs….largeVanillaSalt…..Baking Soda…your cakes will rise beautifully.Flour..just use all-purpose.Bananas…do not throw your brown bananas away. Save them and make this delicious Banana Cake!This cake is FAN-TABULOUS!!! Get ready to hand out the recipe because everyone will want it.
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice divided
- 1 1/3 cup mashed bananas
- 2/3 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla (double this)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
- Place 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice in a measuring cup. Top to 1 ½ cups with milk. Set aside.
- Mix together mashed banana with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, set aside.
- Beat together butter, brown and white sugar until combined. Add in eggs one at a time and vanilla. Mix on high until light and fluffy
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Alternate adding flour mixture and milk to egg mixture stirring just until combined. Fold in bananas. Pour into prepared pan.
- Put into the oven and reduce heat to 300°F. Bake 60 – 70 minutes (see note below) or just until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not over bake).
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 3-3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Cream together butter & cream cheese until fluffy. Add in lemon zest and juice.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time until you reach desired consistency. Spread over cooled cake.