Must-Try Chili Mac Casserole
Don't you just love a quick casserole to make on busy days? This Chili Mac Casserole is hearty and filling and is a recipe your family will want again and again!This Chili Mac is a whole meal in itself, just add a salad and a loaf of french bread.If you need a meal that does not take a lot of time to make, pasta recipes are perfect. You will love how this Chili Mac casserole is so easy to make. It is the Ultimate Comfort Food. So meaty, cheesy and delicious.INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR THIS RECIPE….Elbow macaroni Ground beefOnionGarlicChili powderCuminSaltPepperDiced tomatoesTomato pasteDiced green chilesKidney beansColby jack cheeseVelveeta cheese If you have any left you can keep this Chili Mac Casserole in the fridge for up to 3 – 5 days. Make sure you cover it tightly to keep it as fresh as possible.I hope you enjoy all the recipes I share with you. Please share them with your friends and family. Scroll down and make this delicious recipe this week!
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) rinsed and drained kidney beans
- 1 can tomato paste (6 ounces)
- 1 can chopped green chiles (4 ounces)
- 1-1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 4 oz velveeta cheese cubed
- While cooking your pasta cook the beef, onion, and garlic until the meat is done. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, tomato paste, chiles and seasonings. Drain macaroni and add to beef mixture.Add the Velveeta sauce and 2 ounces of the grated cheddar to the skillet and mix well.
- Pour into a 13×9-in. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 375° until bubbly, 25-30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 5-8 minutes longer.
- Adapted from Taste Of Home.