LASAGNA SOUP—–MAKE A BIG POT!!
It is almost soup season and this Lasagna Soup Recipe is one you have to try. I came across this recipe a few years ago and it is the Best Lasagna Soup hands down I have ever made.This hearty mouthwatering soup is filled with all the flavors of lasagna, and you only need one pot! This soup is SO GOOD! Pure comfort food. Quick, tasty & easy! My kind of cooking.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or half Italian sausage
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 24 oz. traditional spaghetti sauce
- 8-10 cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp EACH dried parsley, dried oregano, salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles broken into approx. 1=2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream optional*
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- freshly finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ricotta cheese
- Heat large Dutch oven/large soup pot over medium high heat. Add beef and onion and cook, stirring occasionally until beef is browned. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 30 seconds. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add Prego Sauce, 6 cups chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, sugar, spices and lasagna noodles. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until lasagna noodles are tender, stirring occasionally (approximately 20-30 minutes).
- Discard bay leaf and stir in heavy cream (optional) and 2-4 cups chicken broth to reach desired consistency. Garnish individual servings with desired amount of cheeses.
- Serve with a loaf of toasted in the oven garlic bread.
- Adapted from Carlsbad Cravings.