Baked Strawberries and Cream Doughnuts
Tastes Absolutely Amazing!
A long time ago I worked in a bakery at a grocery store. We had to go in early to get the dough all made and rising. We would roll it out and cut out the donuts. It was a lot of work but worth every bite. I use to make donuts at work and my residents loved them.We did have donut pans then that you can make a batter and bake them in the oven. I wish I would have it would have been so much easier. Our family loves baked donuts no matter how we make them. Last batch was from a chocolate cake mix. I recently found this Strawberries and Cream Donut recipe and believe me this is a delightful treat any time of the day. They are so light, airy and delicious you just cannot stop at one. I hope you family likes them too.First off you need to get these donut pans. They come in such fun colors and make the best donuts every time.Ingredients you will need:FlourBaking PowderSaltSour CreamSugarCanola oilEggNutmegVanillaMilkValentine Sprinkles These will be gone so fast you really should make a DOUBLE BATCH!Let's head over to my kitchen for this delicious recipe….
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla (I double this)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray doughnut pan with non-stick spray.
- Using a mixer, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add milk, sour cream, egg, oil and vanilla; mix until just combined.
- Using a piping bag or spoon, fill doughnut pan half way. ( A piping bag makes it so easy.)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together glaze ingredients.
- Once doughnuts have cooled, dip doughnut tops into glaze and decorate as desired.
- Serve and enjoy
- Adapted from Thirty Hand Made Days.