A Winner…..Toll House Pie!!
Gooey, Chocolaty, Delicious!
Have you ever tasted a piece of Toll House Pie? Every bite is going to remind you of eating a delicious chocolate chip cookie. Gooey, chocolaty, and warm from the oven with a dollop of whipped cream on top it is a delicious dessert. It is going to become a family favorite.WHY IS IT CALL TOLL HOUSE PIE??According to the New Yorker Magazine, Ruth Wakefield and her husband ran the Toll House Inn in Whitman, Massachusetts. They pressed some of their cookie dough into a pie crust, baked it and the visitors loved it. In 1939 Wakefield gave Nestle the rights to the chocolate chip cookie recipe (and the Toll House name) for one dollar! Toll House Pie is so easy to make too. You just mix up chocolate chip cookie dough and pour it into a pie crust, and bake! EASY PEASY!!Toll House Pie is going to cure any sweet tooth craving you have!INGREDIENTS….Pie ShellButterSugarBrown SugarEggsVanillaSaltFlourChocolate ChipsNutsEvery bite of this spectacular pie will have you drooling!HOW TO MAKE THIS TOLL HOUSE PIE….STEP ONE…..Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place rack on center of oven.STEP TWO…Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.STEP THREE….Add eggs, one at a time and vanilla to butter and sugar mixture. Beat on medium for about 1 minute.STEP FOUR….Add flour, salt, and chocolate chips mixing all at once. Stir in nuts. STEP FIVE…..Spoon filling into unbaked pie shell and bake on in the oven for about 50 minutes or until knife inserted about half way from center of pie to crust.If you have never had Toll House Pie, I highly recommend you make one soon. These brownies are addictive. You cannot just eat one. 🙂
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell
- 3/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place rack on center of oven.
- Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and vanilla to butter and sugar mixture. Beat on medium for about 1 minute.
- Add flour, salt, and chocolate chips mixing all at once, just until wet and dry ingredients are incorporated. Mix in nuts.
- Spoon filling into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake on center rack of oven for about 50 minutes or until knife inserted about half way from center of pie to crust comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.