Cupid’s Pink Hot Chocolate
I was in Hobby Lobby the other day and I was looking at all the Valentine's decor and I realized that Valentine's Day is right around the corner. With that in mind I started looking at my recipes for red and white everything to celebrate this holiday of love. Today I am sharing a delicious recipe for Cupid's Homemade White Hot Chocolate.It is a easy and yummy treat for the whole family! Right now as I look out my window it is snowing. We are suppose to have 3 inches by nooon. When cold weather hits it is time for hot drinks. A recipe for Cupid's Hot Chocolate is a festive way to warm up.Have you ever thought about setting up a cute little bar and line up toppings in cute little Valentine dishes and let your family come and enjoy this special treat. Valentine's Day should include all family members.Here is a fun video on how to make your own hot chocolate bar.If you are wondering about toppings here are a few favorites that work with this recipe….Whipped creamMini chocolate chips or white chocolate chipsMini marshmallowsStrawberry syrup drizzleChocolate dipped spoonsChocolate drizzleAll you need a few simple ingredients and a few minutes to whip up a batch of this decadent pink hot cocoa.
- 1 Red Gel food coloring (just a couple of drops)
- 1 Pink sprinkles
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups White chocolate chips, good quality
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 5 cups whole milk
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring your evaporated milk and whole milk to a boil. Watch it so you do not scald the milk.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add in the white chocolate chips. Stir until all of the white chocolate has melted. (choose a good brand of chips)
- Slowly add a drop of red food coloring gel until you get a nice soft pink color.
- Pour into a clear mug and top with Marshmallow Whip Cream and sprinkles.