Chocolate Lava Cake
The Ultimate Decadent Dessert.
You can call it a Chocolate Lava Cake or a Molten Chocolate Cake but it is a easy Valentine's Day Cake for everyone.They are so yummy because they are filled with a warm, gooey molten "lava" pudding like chocolate center.My mouth is watering as I think of this delicious cake. It whips up quickly and everyone will love it. A Little Bit Of History About The Chocolate Lava Cake….In France, the Lava Cake is known as chocolate moelleux which means soft in French. I bring up the French name because there seems to be a bit of controversy when it comes to where the molten lava cake originated from. A chef living in New York claimed to invent this lava cake in 1981. However, another French chef said he discovered this dessert after he took a chocolate sponge cake out of the oven and it was runny on the inside. We aren’t sure exactly who has the claim to fame but this chocolate dessert is a regular item on menus now. The Chili's Lava Cake at the popular chain restaurant is credited for bring this dessert to mainstream America. You will need the following ingredients which you probably have in your cupboard…Baking ChocolateButterEggsSugar.FlourvanillaYou can serve these Cakes with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whip cream. Drizzle the tops with caramel or chocolate syrup.This dessert will impress your family and friends.Come on over to my kitchen and I will show you how to make these…..
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares or just use 4 oz chocolate chips, about 1/2 cup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Spray 4 Ramekins with non-stick cooking spray and then dust using unsweetened cocoa powder. (you can also use a muffin tin but reduce the baking time to 8-10 inutes)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour. Portion the batter evenly among the Ramekins. Bake 13-15 minutes until sides are firm and center is soft.
- Let stand 1 minute before removing. Serve warm with ice cream.