Breakfast Tacos…Tex-Mex Classic
I remember the days at our farm when life was so crazy raising our family. We had a 10 acre farm with 2200 Asian Pear Trees that kept us very busy. I always made sure the kids did not start the day unless they had a good breakfast. When I found these Breakfast Tacos..they were a big hit with the kids. They are so quick to make and when you have a houseful of children, since we did foster care too, along with our own kids you need that.Breakfast tacos are the perfect grab-and-go weekday breakfast. Just add some fruit and everyone is ready to go.Start your families day off with hearty Delicious Breakfast Tacos, they will request this Tex-Mex Classic often.
- 8 slices bacon, chopped into 1 – 1/2 inch pieces. You could substitute the bacon for sausage.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen breakfast diced potatoes (thawed)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 8 eggs…I always use large.
- Dash of hot sauce if you want.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese….use cheddar, Monterrey Jack, or any other cheese you like.
- 8 taco-sized flour tortillas warmed.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the bacon and cook stirring often until browned and crisp. Drain bacon on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings from the skillet. Add the potatoes and 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings and cook until the potatoes are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs Wipe out your skillet and melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the eggs and cook and scramble eggs until set. Stir in cheese and remove from the heat.
- To assemble the tacos, layer the tortillas with the potatoes, scrambled eggs and bacon. Top with any additional toppings. Serve warm. ENJOY!